domingo, 25 de septiembre de 2011

A peculiar day

    It was  a Friday morning in my school. It was the most peculiar day I ever had. It was one of those days when you laugh so hard your stomach hurts. One of those days you will probably remember for a long time. I can describe that Friday as no other word but “peculiar”. It was strange, out of common, but a very hilarious day.
   Like I said it was in the morning, and seventeen students out of twenty-seven arrived that they at my class. The class seemed very empty. We were all desperate, because we are only missing 3 weeks of school to finish our junior year. None of us wanted to receive any of the classes, and we weren’t receiving many assignments, since almost half of the class didn’t arrived that day.
    Anyway, like I said, we were sleepy. My best friend Juan Pablo and me began to make a bed out of desks. There wasn’t any teacher in the class period, and don’t ask me why. We line up 5 desks in a row. Our school desks, are those desks that have the chair already glued to the table, so we made it, we had “beds” for us. Like I am a little short, not as everyone always bothers me, but just a little below normal, I had to use the chairs, and Juan Pablo the tables.
   We were there resting, not doing anything interesting at all, when Rossil arrived to the classroom. What was Rossil doing in the middle of a class period in the classroom anyway? He doesn’t even belong to our section, but like said; it was an uncommon, out of normal day.  Rossil wanted to rest at our bed to, so I got up to let Rossil enjoy the bed, but Juan Pablo disagreed. Juan Pablo refused to get up of the bed, and this is when the fun part began.
     Juan Pablo was too tired to even get up of our bed. Kathy, Camila, and Silvia were there too, along with Rossil, Juan Pablo, and me. Kathy turned around, and looked at me. We connected at that moment, “OH YESS”, we had the same idea. We both got on top of Juan Pablo and started jumping. Of course we weren´t standing up on top of his back, we were just sitting in his back. We were singing songs Juan Pablo always sang, mocking him, and causing pain! SPRING BREAK! SPRING BREAK! That was the song we were singing on top of Juan Pablo. He was yelling and shouting STOP! PLEASE!
   Then Juan Pablo manages to get up, he was suffocating, and Kathy and me were laughing very hard. Then, I had the worst idea of all and lay up in our bed. What a great idea? I don’t think so. Out of knower Juan Pablo grabbed a rim, and started rolling it all over my head. My head was practically bouncing over the desk, and I was laughing so hard I couldn’t even pronounced the word “STOP”.  Meanwhile Juan Pablo was creating a brain damage to my head, Camila took Rossil’s shoe and put it in the middle of the outside of the window, in a way Rossil couldn’t reach it very easily.
So picture this, my head smashing with the table, Juan Pablo looking like a crazy man throwing the rim on top of me, Rossil was trying to grab his shoe with a ruler, Camila, Kathy and Silvia were laughing their buts out, and that’s were I began to think. I was laughing so hard I could even speak, and my head was still bouncing on the desk, but I was disconnected. At that particular and peculiar moment, I began to realize how happy I really am. I have the best friends I could ever ask for, the one’s that make the silliest and uncommon things. Where did Juan Pablo found a rim anyway?
     Still, at this very precise moment I knew that we often complain about many things. We don’t want to go to school because it is really boring, but it is up to us. That moment when my head and my brain where turning into little pieces, I realized we are the ones that choose how we are going to spend the rest of our lives. We can either take no advantage of our day, complaining how boring and ordinary it can become, or you can laugh, make the craziest thing it can occur to you, and make the best of it… It all depends on you after all. Life is to short to be complaining, so live it! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario